Tuesday 11 September 2012
Day 11 was the day that B had to go home, boooo! But at
least we had one final day and the sun was out and it was scorchio.
B & I spent a few hours chilling in the garden reading
our books and splish sploshing in the pool, once P was up I figured we’d better
get the supermarket trip out of the way.
As it was our last day in Begur we wanted to stock up on el cheapo olive
oil and P wanted 18 gallons on Confit de Oie.
Upon leaving P asked if I was wearing what I was wearing out
(cossie, dress, flip flops, magic hat), I said er yes, it’s just the
supermarket. B was similarly dressed.
So we piled in the car and off we went, it was very quiet
and everything seemed a bit dead, we started to worry that our Aldi haven may
be shut. It was. At this point I twigged it was National
Catalonia Day and a public holiday and that’s why everything was shut.
We made our way on to Carrefour but that was also shut. I then suggested we go on to Calella for some
lunch as we had no food at home, the motion was carried and off we went.
Calella is lovely! P
had been there before BV. It’s a fair
bit bigger than Sa Tuna, still has lots of lovely boats and lots of restaurants
lining the coast, it also has some tat shops.
We pitched up at a restaurant with a gorgeous view of the
coast and had lunch.
After lunch B & P ate their body weights in ice cream
and then B and I decided to go for a paddle.
Francis came in too, he was desperate for another float after his intro
to the pool at the villa.
The water on the Costa Brava is so clear, it’s quite chilly
but that’s nice when you’re boiling.
![]() |
| Me and Francis, B in the background |
Thankfully given we were inappropriately dressed for the
supermarket meant we were totes appropriately dressed for the sea!! P sat looking bored and grumpy on the rocks
in the shade. Eventually we got out and
walked back to the car. We sat on
Sainsburys’ bags for life as our backsides were a bit damp.
Once we got home we all jumped in the pool and wasted the
last hour or so of the day. B then got
packed and ready and we drove her to the airport. P took her her the windy mountain way, god
it’s mental.
![]() |
| B, Binky and P |
We said our goodbyes to B and headed back to Begur. We stopped at the castle which we had previously
been unable to find the entry to. We
admired the view, took some pics and headed home.
Once home we had to do boring packing and clearing! Once that was mainly done we headed in to
Begur for some dinner. There was lots of
music and dancing in Begur, I assume it was linked to National Catalonia Day.
We had dinner at the same place as before and it was just as
nice.
Bye Begur, we had a lovely time.
.jpg)
.jpg)











No comments:
Post a Comment