At least once a week at work I get asked if I have any cake, the worst culprit for this is my boss. Thursday night I was at a loose end and thought I would do some baking, I scoured Nigella's website and found some new recipes to try, a chocolate fudge cake and a Madeira cake.
The chocolate cake was divine, gooey and moist but not sickly sweet, the recipe baked a lovely sized cake too, you can find the recipe here. I didn't adjust it at all and would definitely make it again, it went down well with my work colleagues too.
I decided to make the Madeira cake in my ring tin as I'm still playing with it! It overflowed a bit once cooked but not too much, I trimmed it when it was still warm and it was a bit crumbly, next time will leave it to cool completely before doing this. I made a lemon icing for the top just with icing sugar and lemon juice, it was delish. You can find the recipe here.
The chocolate cake was divine, gooey and moist but not sickly sweet, the recipe baked a lovely sized cake too, you can find the recipe here. I didn't adjust it at all and would definitely make it again, it went down well with my work colleagues too.
I decided to make the Madeira cake in my ring tin as I'm still playing with it! It overflowed a bit once cooked but not too much, I trimmed it when it was still warm and it was a bit crumbly, next time will leave it to cool completely before doing this. I made a lemon icing for the top just with icing sugar and lemon juice, it was delish. You can find the recipe here.


No comments:
Post a Comment