Monday 10 September 2012
Patrick had been wittering about wanting to go and see Dali's home and the museum since we had been planning our trip to Spain. Monday turned out to be the day we went.
We were stuck in a long traffic jam for aaaaaaaages and saw so many farms full of apple trees on the way, I'm thinking that next time i buy apples I'm going to try some Spanish ones.
The day we went to Cadaques was rather misty so I have pinched some photos to show you how nice it is. I would have liked to have spent some more time dawdling around there as it's meant to be lovely but we had to get up to Dali's house as we only had 1.5 hours to do 1.5 km in (WTF?)
 |
| courtesy of http://capcreus.com/cadaques_uk.htm |
 |
| pretty side streets |
 |
| Dali's house courtesy of http://capcreus.com/cadaques_uk.htm |
 |
| the view from Dali's house |
 |
| Entrance hall |
 |
| living room |
 |
| Amazing oval room which he had built for Gala, the acoustics are just bizarre | | |
|
|
 |
| painting supplies |
 |
| studio, the frame holding the picture is designed to lower to the ground floor |
 |
| view from Dali's garden, i stole an olive from the olive trees |
 |
| The Christ of the Rubbish - of course! |
 |
| he likes these dudes |
 |
| pool |
 |
| everyone needs a phone box in the garden |
 |
| B in a Dali egg in the garden |
It was really cool to wander around Dali's house and whilst a lot of it was bonkers it didn't seem to be bonkers for the sake of it. Everything was carefully planned and placed. I'd love his garden at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment