Thursday, 24 March 2011

Oranges & Sunshine

I was lucky enough to be invited to a charity screening of Oranges & Sunshine on Tuesday by a friend of mine at Bindmans who were sponsoring the showing. 

It's an incredible true story about the organised deportation of thousands of children from the UK to Australia.  Haven't heard about this?  No, neither had I.


The children were often told their parents had died and were separated from their siblings.  The story is told through the eyes of Margaret Humphreys a social worker from Nottingham who uncovered and investigated the scandal 

Emily Watson plays Margaret and I was lucky enough to be present at the question and answer session after the screening with Emily Watson, the director Jim Loach, the screen writer Rona Munro and the social worker Margaret Humprhreys. 

It really is an amazing film,  recommend you see it if you can.




No comments:

Post a Comment