So my latest hobby is cake decorating, in particular cupcake decorating. On the left are some cakes I decorated on an afternoon course run by The Cocoa Box which was held near Chalk Farm tube station in North London. Their blog is a great source for recipes.
After this course I ordered some equipment and made some cakes for Patrick's sister's 30th birthday they turned out rather well considering i had bronchitis at the time and Patrick had a cold!
I love the fondant icing but I really want to learn more piping skills.
I have booked myself on a course called Wilton Basic Decorating Skills, unbelievably the only place I can find that is running it is Need a Cake in Woodley (where i grew up), it runs on Sundays so not too inconvenient. I'm hoping to drag my sister Abby along with me as she lives nearby.
Keeping me in supplies for my new past time is Cake Craft Shop which sells absolutely everything and very reasonably priced.
Also Fair Cake who do the most amazing courses in Greenwich, I need to start saving up!
After this course I ordered some equipment and made some cakes for Patrick's sister's 30th birthday they turned out rather well considering i had bronchitis at the time and Patrick had a cold!
I love the fondant icing but I really want to learn more piping skills.
I have booked myself on a course called Wilton Basic Decorating Skills, unbelievably the only place I can find that is running it is Need a Cake in Woodley (where i grew up), it runs on Sundays so not too inconvenient. I'm hoping to drag my sister Abby along with me as she lives nearby.
Keeping me in supplies for my new past time is Cake Craft Shop which sells absolutely everything and very reasonably priced.
Also Fair Cake who do the most amazing courses in Greenwich, I need to start saving up!


No comments:
Post a Comment