It's P's birthday tomorrow and I have been scouting the interweb for a new recipe to try, I came across the BBC Good Food's Ultimate Chocolate Cake recipe website's receipt for a chocolate cake and decided to make that. It says to use a deep 20 cm tin but I decided to use my 15cm tins. I used two as I find cakes bake better that way. It was a lovely way to start a Sunday morning baking with the snow falling down outside.
While the cakes are cooking make up the frosting, my favourite frosting is from Nigella's website, it is really easy and tastes just like fudge icing.
Then all you do is layer up the cake with the frosting, you can just put it on top or cover the whole cake like I did. You can eat it cold or warm it up in the microwave and serve with ice cream or custard.
![]() |
| Snowy Wimbles |




No comments:
Post a Comment