Sometimes in my life there are moments when everything comes to together and creates a perfect moment, it doesn't happen very often but when it does it is magical. It happened for me on 22 September when I went to see Adele at the Royal Albert Hall.
I follow Adele on twitter and she or her management had tweeted that tickets would be available on her website the day before general release, I hopped on and got some tickets, I specifically got tickets for the RAH, i didn't think they were very good tickets but I had always wanted to go there, they were only £35 each.
I emailed a friend, let's call her F, and offered her the other ticket, she said she was possibly away on holiday so couldn't take it, I therefore offered it to another friend, let's call her A, she snapped it up.
I booked those tickets on 22 February, I don't think 21 had gone properly mental at that stage.
Subsequently I startred getting messages from F saying she was now desperate to see Adele and would pay 'handsomely' for my ticket, I wasn't budging and neither was A! F then spent £160 on a ticket, she was pleased she had a ticket but it wasn't for the RAH, it was for one of the other London venues.
Anyway, i've listened to the album a lot since it was released and I love it but I wasn't thinking that much about going to the show. While I was on holiday Adele was cancelling dates as she was unwell, i found out last night she had a chest infection, I can't breathe with a chest infection let alone sing so she has done amazingly well to be back doing the dates.
So the date came around and A and I met for crepes in South Ken, how very lovely darling! It is so nice around there. Then we wandered off to the RAH. It is the most amazing building, if you haven't been go! I was worried about the acoustics because i remebered P had told me something about them not being very good. Whatever they have done to sort it out the sound is amazing.
There were a couple of okay warm up acts before Adele, we didn't pay much attention to them, I just spent the time looking around the venue and taking in the atmosphere.
At 9pm Adele came on initially silhouetted behind a screen. She was amazing, her voice was powerful, note perfect, beautiful and haunting. She was funny and engaging and evidently enjoying the occasion which meant something to her as well as us. After a few songs I had a strong feeling that we were witnessing something very special and we were very lucky to be there.
One of my favourite moments was when she sung 'make you feel my love', her version is great as we know, she dedicated it to Amy Winehouse. The biggest glitterball I have ever seen came down from the ceiling and lit up the RAH with twinkles, Adele ordered everyone to get their phone out so she could see more lights. I called my sister so she could hear the song and she could. It actually sent shivers down me when she sang that.
She sang 'Someone like you' like her relationshp had ended the day before, full of love and sadness. She dedicated it to her ex and told us they were friends now, that she had to share with him how that song had changed her life, in fact the whole album as all but 2 songs are about him! I couldn't help but think how hard that must be when that person has broken your heart.
It's 24 hours later now and I'm still buzzing from the concert, I found it hard to get to sleep last night.
The good news is it was all filmed so you'll be able to see it and share it.
I follow Adele on twitter and she or her management had tweeted that tickets would be available on her website the day before general release, I hopped on and got some tickets, I specifically got tickets for the RAH, i didn't think they were very good tickets but I had always wanted to go there, they were only £35 each.
I emailed a friend, let's call her F, and offered her the other ticket, she said she was possibly away on holiday so couldn't take it, I therefore offered it to another friend, let's call her A, she snapped it up.
I booked those tickets on 22 February, I don't think 21 had gone properly mental at that stage.
Subsequently I startred getting messages from F saying she was now desperate to see Adele and would pay 'handsomely' for my ticket, I wasn't budging and neither was A! F then spent £160 on a ticket, she was pleased she had a ticket but it wasn't for the RAH, it was for one of the other London venues.
Anyway, i've listened to the album a lot since it was released and I love it but I wasn't thinking that much about going to the show. While I was on holiday Adele was cancelling dates as she was unwell, i found out last night she had a chest infection, I can't breathe with a chest infection let alone sing so she has done amazingly well to be back doing the dates.
So the date came around and A and I met for crepes in South Ken, how very lovely darling! It is so nice around there. Then we wandered off to the RAH. It is the most amazing building, if you haven't been go! I was worried about the acoustics because i remebered P had told me something about them not being very good. Whatever they have done to sort it out the sound is amazing.
There were a couple of okay warm up acts before Adele, we didn't pay much attention to them, I just spent the time looking around the venue and taking in the atmosphere.
At 9pm Adele came on initially silhouetted behind a screen. She was amazing, her voice was powerful, note perfect, beautiful and haunting. She was funny and engaging and evidently enjoying the occasion which meant something to her as well as us. After a few songs I had a strong feeling that we were witnessing something very special and we were very lucky to be there.
One of my favourite moments was when she sung 'make you feel my love', her version is great as we know, she dedicated it to Amy Winehouse. The biggest glitterball I have ever seen came down from the ceiling and lit up the RAH with twinkles, Adele ordered everyone to get their phone out so she could see more lights. I called my sister so she could hear the song and she could. It actually sent shivers down me when she sang that.
She sang 'Someone like you' like her relationshp had ended the day before, full of love and sadness. She dedicated it to her ex and told us they were friends now, that she had to share with him how that song had changed her life, in fact the whole album as all but 2 songs are about him! I couldn't help but think how hard that must be when that person has broken your heart.
It's 24 hours later now and I'm still buzzing from the concert, I found it hard to get to sleep last night.
The good news is it was all filmed so you'll be able to see it and share it.





Lovely blog Sis, thankyou for calling me and letting me share the experience xxx
ReplyDeleteI are extremely jealous, Mrs Ogden.
ReplyDelete